Glen Warren, Founder and Executive Director of the non-profit organization, Fathers Forever, has been involved in the empowerment of men for over 25 years as a facilitator of various conferences formed to encourage and empower men to discover the combination to unlocking their future.
Glen retired from Wake County Human Services with over 20 years as a Mental Health Crisis Counselor for persons with depression, suicidal thoughts and substance abuse issues. Glen has a Bachelor of Science degree in Health and Physical Education.
As a single parent who has raised three children to adulthood- Glenn Warren II, Anthony Warren, and Celeste Warren, Glen understands the power and necessity of fathers being a contributing, positive presence in the lives of their children. He is committed to enabling men to be co-parents to their children, and this is the very reason he founded Fathers Forever.
Glen has been featured in the Raleigh News & Observer newspaper on several occasions and featured on numerous local television broadcasts such as: Fox 50 Tarheel Talk and the ION Network where he discussed the importance of fathers and fatherhood issues.
Some of his achievements include:
- April 2012 – named as 1 of the Triangle’s 25 Most Stylish/Influential People of 2012 by Carolina STYLE Magazine.
- November 2012 – Nominated and won The Light 103.9 2012 Lamplighters Award. He was awarded the prestigious Dr. John Hope Franklin Humanitarian Award, which recognizes an individual or organization that has made major contributions toward preserving human and civil rights in the community.
- March 2013 – received the 2013 Family Resource Center Fatherhood Conference Trailblazer Award.
- February 2015 – received a WRAL Home Town Hero Award.
- December 2015 – received the Leadership Triangle Goodmon Award for his outstanding leadership in the community.
- Glen’s desire and pledge for the 400 plus fathers who have graduated from Fathers Forever’ 24 week curriculum is to give the experience, commitment and resources to provide a positive alternative to motivate, educate and equip the graduates in becoming co-parents in their children’s lives, resulting in a more productive and healthier society. Fathers Forever’s vision is “Bridging the gap between fathers and their children, thus saving our children one father at a time”